Wednesday 16 August 2017

Update

Hi everyone!!

There is no way that I have finished my Euro tour blog posts but its super hard to find the time to sit down and write for hours! I just thought I should give a short update on my life right now and for the past few weeks. Today is the third day back at school after 6 weeks of summer holidays. During this period I spent the first few weeks hardly at home as I travelled around the district saying goodbye to my second family (the other exchange students). I also went to many wine festivals with my host family which was really really cool to experience as they are really famous for the region I live in Rhineland Pfalz.

I was at the swimming pool a couple of times with a friend from school and also with my host sister. Unfortunately I don't have any photos from this.

 My host parents took me to visit 'Heidelburg' which is a really beautiful town, with a stunning stunning castle.

I also visited one of the Bad Dürkheim's castles which was also super!

At the end of July I took a trip with my host sister Franzi to Wissembourg in France for the day!! It was a spontaneous and really cool trip, where we walked through a church and ate ice-cream.

Then on the 2nd of August I travelled to Frankfurt with my first host family and my YEO to meet the new exchange student thats coming to my town. It was super nice to meet her :)

On Friday the 4th I took a Flixbus to Switzerland to visit Wilco. This was super amazing to experience Switzerland, however I quickly realised how expensive it was!!
Sunset on my first night in Switzerland

Altstadt Zug (Old town Zug, Switzerland)

Today is my third day back at school, and although I have the same classes with the same people, I received a new timetable with new classrooms. I am now in the equivalent of Year 13 in New Zealand, so the work load for this half year is quite a lot, and although I do try to do the work, its super nice knowing that I don't have to do any tests or anything. And also with all of the 'Oldies' from my district now back in their home countries, I'm now the one oldie for our district. And although I have only met Kauane, the Brazilian exchange student I am super super excited to meet the rest of them at their 'First Orientation' in September. 

Last week I also signed up for second Language Course to help me improve my German further. This time I will be working towards a B1 certificate. 

Jasmine x (next time I will hopefully have found time to finish off my Euro tour blog post) 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday my beautiful baby girl in 10mins you will be 19 and a stuning young lady but to me you will always be my beautiful baby girl I love u till the end of time now and forever mum xx ♥

    ReplyDelete