Tuesday 17 January 2017

First day at school

 Yesterday the jetlag truly caught up on me, and even so I woke up at 6am. In the morning Katja and I had a meeting at my new school Max Slevogt Gymnasium to find out what subjects I would be taking. We walked to school in -3/-4 degrees, needless to say it was very very cold! Once we arrived at school I was paired with a ‘buddy’ (Vanessa) who I would take the same subjects as.  She would help me find my way around, which works perfectly as we already get on really well! Generally the school days in Germany are a lot longer than New Zealand, for example my school day in Germany is from 7:55am- 5:00pm. My subjects including English (yay), Biology, Religion, History, Music, Maths, Spanish, Social Studies, French, German and Sport. Although I will have to try my best at school, Rotary does not put any pressure on actually passing the year which is really nice. Everybody in Germany speaks fantastic English which is great at this stage, however I do need to start only speaking Deutsch as soon as I can. 



My school Max-Slevogt Gymnasium 


I also had my first Rotary meeting with the Landau Rotary Club. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly which was really nice! I listened to another Rotary inbound Gui talk about his home country, it was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment