Monday 12 December 2016

My first 9980 Rotary Meeting

This will just be a very short post to keep you up to date. 


On the 6th of December, I went to my first Queenstown Rotary Club meeting at my Queenstown Club - 9980-  to receive my Rotary Youth Exchange blazer. This meeting also gave me the chance to meet my Club's president, Keith, and my Counsellor, Steve. Right from the start they made me feel very welcome, and every single person was lovely. We sat at the top table and felt very important. My Mum, Yvonne, and I spent our time talking to Steve and President Keith while eating dinner. Prior to this meeting I was asked to prepare a ten minute speech to present to the club, and it was a lot easier to speak to them once I realised how friendly everyone was. 
  



Receiving my Rotary Blazer which will soon be filled with badges and pins 



It's great having my blazer and I now have somewhere to put all of the badges that I received from the inbounds to New Zealand at our second Rotary weekend at Berwick on 6 & 7 August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment